We have kept ourselves busy this week. Nicholas went to school Tuesday and Thursday. They are winding down for the school year. Next week will be a big one as we will have a trip to the petting zoo here in town, and then his graduation ceremony is Thursday. ;) I'll get pictures and video to share on both days. Look for it to come up next week sometime.
Christian and I chilled out most of the week. We went to the Falls every morning on schedule except for Thursday. Ed needed us to bring his pager and I wanted Christian in bed by 11:30 to let him get plenty of sleep before picking up Nicholas from school.
This morning the community center is having their Summer Kickoff Carnival. The boys and I plan to head out and spend the morning over there playing games. The boys are excited about it. This will give Ed a chance to have some peace and quiet in the house today while he is sleeping and it will get the boys out of the house without costing us money. Win-Win!
I have not cooked much again this week. We also did not make it through all of the meals I planned. I still have tonight and tomorrow, I guess. I improved on my freezer Lasagna, we had grilled steaks, fresh French Bread, and homemade mushroom and cheese pizza (YUM!). I love my breadmaker! The french bread and pizza crust are so easy to make in it. I made the pizza crust last week and froze it for this week. It takes me 5 minutes to put the french bread together and creates nothing to clean up except for the pan and it is nonstick! Score!!
Another thing I have been doing this week is messing with photo editing in Photoshop Elements 5.0. This is the program that I got for scrapbooking a couple years back. I like it, but I am still learning it. This is the first program I have truly had to work at learning. It is not as user friendly as other programs. The product is worth it, but if it were not for the free video tutorials that I find on youtube and other similar programs, I would be completely lost. Here are a few of the photo editing projects that I did this week.
This first picture is from the September 11th Memorial that is put out every year here in Lubbock. Nicholas and Ed and I went out there a couple years back and walked among the flags. In this pictures I played with changing the image to black and white and highlighting just the one flag with color. I later found a much easier way to do the same thing....whew! next time I will do it the other way. :)

This next picture was taken by Grandma last year when we went on summer vacation. My mother loves this picture and I hope she really likes the improvements I made on it.

This last picture is kind of "scrapbooked". It is my favorite picture of Nicholas. He had just turned 2 when I took this picture during a summer rain storm. He was having so much fun playing in the rain. Precious!


Here are the originals, just in case you wondered:
No comments:
Post a Comment