Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Ozuna Family Week

We’ve had a great week!  Grandpa Mason came to visit and left today.  I’ve got some pictures I will load up later.  The boys thoroughly enjoyed having Grandpa Mason to play with this weekend since Ed was on nights.  Mommy loved that Grandpa Mason was here to play! 

Mason and I went and played Tennis on Saturday in the heat of the day.  I lasted for about 40 minutes before having to seek out shade.  I don’t know how he does it.  I’m a heat wuss. 

We also went out to eat with Mason at Furrs.  Christian ventured out and tried sweet potatoes.  He liked them, but still only ate a couple bites of dinner.  On Friday we had Edamame again (soy beans in pods for those of you who don’t know what that is).  Nicholas ate about 10 pods all by himself!  (Wahoo for a green veggie crossing his lips!)  That’s the second time in a week I have served that to him successfully. 

We saw Ed as much as possible.  He was able to go eat at Furrs with us, but he slept most of the day and then left to go to work shortly after waking up. 

Grandpa Mason got Nicholas and Christian some presents for birthdays.  He brought Talking Live Elmo.  Elmo tells jokes, stories, sings and dances…and Christian LOVES him!  He thinks it is funny when Elmo “bites” his finger (he puts his finger in as Elmo closes his mouth)  Nicholas received an Optimus Prime Transformer!  He is very excited about the gift and has been playing with it nonstop.  He can completely transform him both to a truck and into Optimus Prime all by himself!  He was so excited!

Exciting news this week:  Christian started pedaling his own bike petals!  We are planning on buying a new bike for Nicholas for his birthday, so Christian will soon has his big brother’s bike.  He rode Nicholas’s bike last night and was able to pedal it completely one time (even with the seat setup on the highest setting).  He’s getting to be such a big boy!  Also, he will now eat turkey lunchmeat and hotdogs!!!  That is a huge step forward.  On the funny side of that, he calls it all “Bake”= his name for bacon.  It is because I told him that it tastes like bacon or sausage that he tries it.  Funny kid!

This next week we have a doctor’s appointment for me and a dentist appointment for Nicholas.  Eddie will also possibly be going to Maryland next weekend.  We hope to hear something from Cleveland Clinic in Ohio tomorrow.  I’ll let you know what happens, although I don’t know when we will have a final decision on anything…too much is up in the air.

So long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment