Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Busy, Busy Month

August is finally here! I’d say it is the month I have been waiting for, but I really didn’t know it was the month I would be waiting for. The thing about this fellowship application/interview business is that we didn’t know when we would know anything. Now it is all starting to clear up.

All I am allowed to say so far is, Ed got an offer from Texas Tech on Friday for a January 2011 spot. He interviewed at Cleveland a little over a week ago, and they finish their last day of interviews on Monday of this next week. They told him that they would notify people of offers in the next two weeks. Ed felt good about Cleveland. He is supposed to be going to Philly this month, but has decided to cancel that interview. I think he’d rather go to Tech than Philly, so he decided to save us some money. He is also scheduled to go to Maryland for 2 interviews this month. The thing is that he is supposed to give Tech and answer around the same time, so it is not likely he’ll be able to interview and get an offer before having to decide. We are still going to go to Maryland and interview, I think--and also enjoy a little vacation. I’m super excited. I have to make sure it is good with my boss with my Avon Admin, but I am sure it will be.

Grandpa Mason is coming to spend a few days with us this next week! The boys are excited about the visit, and so am I! I cannot wait to play tennis with Mason!

Grandma and Grandpa Ozuna are coming to spend a week (most likely) with us for Nicholas’s birthday and so that Ed and I can go out of town. We are excited to have them come. We haven’t yet told the boys because they will ask us everyday until they are here if we mention it now.

Nicholas is having his birthday party the weekend before school starts. He is super excited to have a Transformers party. We have invited a few close friends that he plays with often. We are going to have it at Legacy Play Village. ( I just remembered I was supposed to go pay for that---shoot! I’ll have to call them on Monday).

Schools starts for Nicholas on Monday, Aug. 24th. He’s excited. We went today and got his and Christian’s fall clothes. They are getting so big!! Nicholas is in size 5, and Christian is in 3T!!! Some of Nicholas’s 4T shirts fit Christian. He’s just a big boy.

I have continued working out this week, but I changed up my routine. My muscles are screaming at me (and have been for a week) because of the classes I have been taking. I have been playing tennis once a week (except for this week. I was supposed to go today, but got rained out).

I’m still marketing my online tutoring, but kind of at a standstill until school begins and first tests come back. My goal is to have my first client or two in September. Wish me luck, and refer anyone you come across to my website, http://infinityonlinemathtutoring.com

You all have a nice night! I’m going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment