Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 8

Today is the start of week 8 of my pregnancy.  Week 8 has made itself known already.  Yesterday right after lunch I started feeling nauseous again, and finally had a slight reprieve this morning at around 10am.  Shortly after (by lunch), my stomach was up to no good again. 

I love to eat.  It is a challenge to eat small meals many times a day.  I’m used to eating 3 meals and 1-3 snacks a day, but I cannot do an entire meal.  I’m eating sandwiches 1/4 at a time.  If I feel good, I eat some more.  The problem with this is that I feel constantly hungry, but when I think about eating or smell things, I feel nausea come on. 

Other than my newly acquired eating habits, I’m doing well.  Strong smells are not my friend right now.  I actually dread going into a restaurant to eat.  The drive thru is my friend.  I also found out that Pine Sol is not a good smell right now when I had to mop the bathroom floor at work.

I’m about the same size as last week.  The belly is still popped out.  I’ve gotten a “belly band” from Motherhood Maternity and that is an awesome invention.  It is allowing me to wear all my pre-pregnancy clothes without buttoning them. 

I’ve still been tired and taking a  nap every afternoon.  Thankfully working at the nursery is conducive to that nap schedule as I get home everyday by noon.  I’ve not been bothered by the smell of diapers so far, but then I haven’t changed a really bad one yet either.  We’ll see what happens there.

I’ve been using Palmers Cocoa/shea butter on my tummy and boobs.  I did it religiously the first pregnancy with almost 100% success in keeping away stretch marks.  I did not keep it up with the second pregnancy and I have marks on my tummy to show for it.  Now, either the cream works, or the fact that my second child was 1 1/2 lbs heavier than the first made the difference.  Either way, I’m applying this stuff religiously again, just in case.

My tummy has been itching a little from time to time, and I’ve felt some slight round ligament pain already.  It’s very quick to pass, and it’s very mild so far.  I’ve had some lower back pain as well, but again not too bad and quick to pass. 

My first doc appointment is on Monday morning.  I have off work until Tuesday (yay!) and am hoping to have a great appointment.  I will only see the nurse on Monday, so I doubt that they will do anything more than patient history and blood tests.  Shoot!  As I was typing this I realized that I never had my records transferred from my old doc to my new doc.  I guess I’ll do that on Monday after my appointment.  Crud!!  I guess it’s not a huge deal.  Better late than never, right?  (I had a professor in college who would exclaim “Better never than late!” when a student walked into his class late.  People hated it, but I always thought it was funny.  You can guess I was never late.  He was also my favorite math prof.  Had him for 3 or 4 classes).

Anyway, that’s how I’m doing and hopefully the nausea won’t get any worse.  I might talk with the nurse on Monday about it just in case I need to get a script later on.  Right now it’s doable.  Of course, my husband might not agree.  He doesn’t see any reason for me to suffer with nausea at all.  He says, get some zofran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment