I just started my 17th week!! Almost halfway there!! I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction for this pregnancy yesterday. As you can imagine, it kind of freaked me out. I never thought it was normal to get them before late pregnancy. Apparently you can start feeling them as early as 15 or 16 weeks and as long as you don’t get more than 4 an hour, you are okay. I only had 1. I drank a lot of water and figured I should rest today instead of playing tennis. I did a lot this week. Tuesday I walked our Parade of Homes for about 2 hours, Wednesday I got my butt handed to me in Cardio Tennis and had to stop after 45 minutes because I was getting to hot. Thursday I played about 2 hours of doubles tennis. Friday I cleaned house for a couple hours (bathrooms, vacuuming and stuff). I was scheduled to play doubles again this morning for fun (not league play) and decided to skip it since only really good men had signed up. My friends were not able to. I guess that’s God’s way of telling me I shouldn’t play today. This afternoon we plan to walk Parade of Homes again anyway, so I’ll get a little exercise in from that. Anyway, no more contractions, just lots of movement from the baby. So exciting! Still haven’t gotten Nicholas to feel it yet. If he were quieter and more patient, I think it would happen. Maybe in the next couple weeks.
Ed is on his last weekend night call EVER!!! He was super busy last night, so hopefully it dies down tonight. If it does, he plans to have me come in and him and an OBGYN resident are going to do an ultrasound on me so we can see the sex of the baby!! So excited, but trying not to get too wound up in case they are busy and cannot get me in. Literally they could call me and by the time I get up there not be able to do it if they are called on a case. I’ve really got to keep and open mind so I am not disappointed. :) Wish us luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment