Well, I’m still pregnant! Next week is the week it all ended last time. I’m a little nervous. In the last days I have been doing better, but lately I’ve had all kinds of crazy pregnancy symptoms. The first thing was my nightmares. Crazy, scary, worry-filled nightmares. The only thing I can figure out about them is that in some way, they all related to loss. I’m thinking my previous miscarriage worry is haunting me. Doc was out of town in Hawaii on conference when it all started happening, but as soon as he got back, my nightmares went away. I’ve now had 4 nights of wonderful sleep. Unfortunately he leaves again next week. Hopefully they won’t come back.
I’ve had crazy cravings and aversions this week. For instance, one afternoon I craved raw spinach leaves. I had two full bowls with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was WONDERFUL! I ate them rather quickly as it was at about 4pm, and I was trying to tutor at the same time. About an hour and a half later, Doc cooked hamburgers and the smell was bothering me a little. I didn’t realize that it was the smell of the hamburgers until I took a bite. Fortunately I did NOT get sick, but my stomach did turn a little and I had to leave the boys and Doc to eat their hamburgers by themselves while I stayed in the bedroom somewhat shielded from the odor. Another day I had to eat fish sticks with Bert and Ernie (Bert’s choice for dinner on Sunday). I decided to open up a can of sweet whole kernel corn to go with it, and gagged on my first spoonful. Needless to say, Corn and hamburgers are not on my nice list. They are rather naughty to me right now.
In the past day or two I have not noticed any nausea. I’ve gone back to eating whatever again. I’m waiting for it to strike again. I’ve added sweets back to my diet. (the sight of them made me nauseous until the other day).
Other things going on? I’ve been TIRED!
My house is a wreck! Flylady flew right out the window!! I’m still doing my dishes daily, and then I take a nap. After work, everyday. That was usually my cleaning time each day. Whoops! I guess I’ll get it back in order later. Right now, a girl’s got to have her sleep!
I’m still thirsty all the time, boobs still hurting, etc…
All good signs, right? High hormones = good pregnancy. So far, it’s been good. Nightmares, Nausea and all. Bring it on! I’m ready for it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment