Crazy month that has gone by! I’m bigger, the baby measures a week big (even though my dates are rock solid) and my feet are already swollen (something to do with 106 degree weather). My husband is FINALLY home!
This measuring big thing is weighing on my mind. For those of you who don’t know, my last baby (Ernie- 3yrs) was a whopping 9 lbs, 11 oz. I’m only about 5’4” and normally around 136 pounds, so that is a big baby! I had him normally with drugs, and my new OBGYN is freaked out that my last OBGYN did not do an ultrasound to find out how big he was. Granted, those things do have a 1 lb. error both ways in weight…but at least I would have known the baby was measuring over 8 lbs! So, this time she is having me do several ultrasounds to monitor the baby’s weight. If she does one at 36 weeks and discovers an 8 lb baby in there at that point, we might have to consider some things like C-Section, early induction, etc… I am of the opinion, I will worry when I get there, but I am also a planner. This means I am thoroughly researching it now, and having all the info in my mind to ask questions once the time comes (if it comes). Better prepared than sorry.
That’s the update! :)
Just a little friendly neighborhood encouragement...my 2nd was 9lb1oz and my 3rd 7lb13oz...every babe is different! (read: there is hope!) :) If our OBs didn't have something to worry about I'm not sure they'd feel like they were doing their jobs.... :)
ReplyDelete