Friday, June 5, 2009

Housecleaning, Swimming Lessons, and an 8th Wedding Anniversary!!

We have finished yet another week at the Ozuna house.  This week started out with piles of laundry and things everywhere and toilets to scrub, but I got that under control by Tuesday afternoon.  I then started doing some extra cooking yesterday.  I made 3 extra containers of Pinto beans for the freezer (we ran out) and froze 3 rolls of wheat pizza crust dough (I’ve never done that before, so wish me luck when I get them out of the freezer…I don’t know what they will be like).  Today we had homemade pizza with portabella mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and basil/oregano from the garden—YUMMY!!  It was good stuff.  I am trying to improve my pizza each time I make it and I think I have made some good strides.

What else is going on?  Well, Nicholas started swimming lessons this week.  He is enrolled for 2 weeks of swimming lessons.  So far he can kick and breath out of his nose while putting his head in the water.  He also went under and picked up some swim toys on the bottom step today.  These are pretty major strides for the boy who would not go and ran away from the teacher on Tuesday, had mom in the pool with him on Wednesday, had mom sunbathe outside of the pool while he was swimming Thursday, and today—I actually got to work out while he swam!!!  Baby steps, people!!!

Christian’s week has been pretty uneventful.  In so many ways he is getting so big (he can say his ABC’s, count to 13, and recognize almost all his letters), but at the same time he really still eats, sleeps, poops and plays—that’s about it.  I completely attribute his knowing all these things to two things:  Blues Clues & his brother.  Every night when I put them to sleep I listen in on them on the monitor and smile as they take turns singing songs and counting.  It’s really music to my ears! 

Eddie has started back to work.  Tonight and this weekend he is on night float (works 5 or 7pm to 7am)…so he is not around much (not more than an hour or so) each day.  I had him read my post “Out of the mouths of doctor’s babes” yesterday and he said it made him feel good.  I like to find things that help him through his medical training.  It makes me feel good and I know it reassures him with his crazy schedule.

One bright spot—he has Tuesday off!  He took the day off to celebrate our 8th anniversary (14 years if you count dating).  We plan on doing swimming lessons, working out, picnicking with the boys, going to the Parade of Homes here in Lubbock, and then going out to eat (sans boys)—Thanks to some friends we are going to have a date that night.  I will watch their kids the next night for their anniversary.  Cool that our dates are back to back.  Great friends too!

Well, you all have a wonderful week!  I hope it is as good as ours have been lately!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment