Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekly Update

Hey everyone!  Here is to another weekly update of your favorite family!!! ;)

This week has been a big one for me…and a normal week for both the boys and Ed.

We have had two days with Ed this week as he has been post call and sleepy on two occasions.  This is always nice for the boys as they get to see Ed after he gets some rest and it is still daylight!  We celebrated Father’s Day on Sunday with breakfast and cards.  The boys and I went to make crafts for him and we will pick them up today.  Unfortunately, even though we went on Tuesday of last week to make them, they were not ready until Today.  So, after working out, we will be picking up our “presents” for Daddy.

We also tried to go to Safety City this week.  Ed looked it up on the computer and their website said they were open now at 10:30am.  So, off we went with the boys’ bikes in tow.  Unfortunately, when we got there, we were informed that they were not open because they were having camps for 2 weeks.  This was, of course, after the boys saw what they were going to be doing, on their bikes and riding up to the place.  DRAMA!!!  We ended up at the park instead. 

Last night, I took the boys to another park for an hour and we also had Sonic treats while we were there.  This was nice because I have been working a lot on the computer this week and we all needed a break.  We fed the ducks/geese (who came within inches of us and were completely unafraid), we rode our bikes and played on the playground equipment.  We played Red Light, Green Light and Tag…and some other games as well.  It was a lot of fun!!

Ed is post call again Wednesday…and not on call again for the rest of the month!!!  He has Sunday off this week, so we are excited about that! 

Oh, other big news!  Ed was awarded his interview for the Pain Program here at Texas Tech for next month!!  We are excited as there were some silly people that were misleading pain fellow applicants by saying they had already extended their invitations over a week ago. 

Lastly, I have been really busy and working on a new company I am starting.  As you know, I have been tutoring online for a company for a year now in the evenings.  The software we use is interactive and we talk back and forth with students by typing.  For this, the company charges students about $30 per hour or more.  After researching a bit, I found out that most tutors in our area charge between $20 and $50 an hour for math tutoring in person.  I have decided to start a company that I am calling Infinity Online Math Tutoring.  I will be offering math tutoring for grades 6-12 in basic math, algebra I & II, and geometry.  I will also offer standardized testing help and homework help.  I hope to extend this one day into a tutor-broker company, but for  now it will just be me doing all the work.  The nice thing is that I will be one of the only available tutors in our area as it is a new concept, AND students can access me and be tutored from ANYWHERE since it is done completely online.  This opens up my market to anyone in the world, as long as they can do it in the hours I offer. 

Wish me luck!!  I am really excited about this and think this might just be my calling.  I will be sure to post my website once it is published so you can all check it out.  If you know of anyone that might need tutoring services, keep me in mind and tell them about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment